Nothing but pure protein and fibrous carbs. This dish is truly a fat burning machine!
- 500 grams grated zucchini
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt plus and additional 1/2 a teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream (optional)
- Coconut butter or olive oil
- Place the grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with 1/2 a teaspoon of salt. Stir the salt through by hand. Let stand for 10 minutes and then remove excess water by wringing in a cheese cloth or dish towel. This is achieved better in small batches.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini , eggs, spring onions, lemon zest , 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. combine well.
- Heat the coconut butter or olive oil in a frypan over a medium heat.
- Pour about 1/4 of a cup of the mixture into the pan and gently press down with a spoon or spatula to make it into a pancake shape. Cook for approximately 2 – 3 minutes per side, until fritter becomes golden brown, but before it starts to burn.
- Place cooked fritters on a paper towel to remove any excess oil. Top with sour cream if desired.