Ingredients for salad
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 5 strips of lean bacon, roughly chopped
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the sweet potato cubes, fill with water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan or skillet over a medium heat, fry the bacon until crispy.
- Hard boil and peel the eggs once cooled.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked potatoes, eggs and bacon. Combine with your prepared mayonnaise.
Ingredients for the mayonnaise
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup coconut oil (also known as coconut butter) – lightly heated and combined with olive oil
- Put the yolks in a bowl (blender, food processor) and add 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice and mix together.
- Start whisking vigorously (blender or food processor on low) while dripping the oil very slowly, (one drop at a time at the start). You’re creating an emulsion and if you put too much oil in at once, it will separate and will be very hard to save.
- As you add more oil, the emulsion will form and the mayonnaise will start to thicken and you can pour the oil slightly faster at this point.
- When all the oil is incorporated and the mayonnaise is thick, slowly add the remainder of the lemon juice and taste. You can add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Enjoy without the guilt. Store in the refrigerator.