Low fat, tasty, healthy and full of nutrition.
- 500 grams lean beef mince
- 2 medium carrots, grated or finely diced
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- In a frypan over a medium heat, warm a small amount of olive oil and add onion, garlic and carrots. Gently fry for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add the beef mince and stir to break up the larger pieces. Increase the heat slightly until it browns.
- Stir in tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and parsley. Stir until meat is tender.
- Transfer to a pie dish or baking pan about 9 inch in diameter.
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes. Put them in a saucepan with a pinch of salt, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Continue to boil for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- When ready, drain the water, add mayo and half of the cheese. Mash thoroughly until you have a creamy smooth mixture.
- Evenly spread the mixture onto the meat base. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and put under the grill for around ten minutes until the cheese melts and the top is brown.