- 6 – 8 lamb shanks
- 1 large onion
- 1 large carrot
- 2 sticks celery
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 2 tins diced tomatoes or 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Finely chop onion, carrot and celery. Place everything into a slow cooker.
- Add garlic and lamb shanks.
- Pour in tomatoes or tomato paste, vegetable stock and red wine.
- Sprinkle with mixed herbs and parsley.
- Cook on a low heat for 8 – 10 hours basting in the juices occasionally.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables.