Contrary to the name, there are no peanuts or peanut butter in this recipe but stands up well against the traditional high fat and high calorie original recipe. You will be pleasantly surprised.
Ingredients for crust
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
Method for crust
- Grind pecans in a food processor or blender until they resemble a fine powder. Transfer to a medium sized bowl.
- Mix in the almond meal, honey and coconut oil.
- Line a round 9 inch pie tin with non stick baking paper and spread the mixture over into it evenly.
- Bake crust at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Ingredients for filling
- 1 cup tahini. This can be purchased or simply made. See method here. http://www.thefinalrep.com.au/tahini/
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for raspberry swirl and sauce
- 150 grams raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water
Method for filling
- In a food processor or blender, combine the tahini, coconut oil and honey with a generous pinch of salt.
- Pour mixture into cooled pie crust.
Method for the raspberry swirl and sauce
- Puree the raspberries so they become a liquid. Strain them through a fine tea strainer or similar to remove and seeds.
- Combine the gelatin and water and add to the raspberry juice. Whisk to combine.
- Reserve half of the raspberry sauce for serving with the pie later.
- Use the other half of the sauce to dot the pie surface.
- Pull a skewer through the sauce to make swirl patterns across the pie.
- Refrigerate both the pie and the remaining sauce for about 2 hours or until fully set.
- When ready to serve, cut the pie into pieces and gently warm the remaining sauce (will gel in the fridge).