A super easy to make Christmas favourite with around 80% less sugar and no refined carbohydrates (makes around 30 biscuits)
- 1 and 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 12 tablespoons coconut butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Cover a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined and you have a smooth consistent dough.
- Pat the dough into a square and cut it into around 30 even pieces. Pat each piece into a rectangle shape and place on the baking tray. Poke each biscuit with a fork to create a pattern on them. Place the baking tray in the freezer for about 45 minutes.
- While the shortbread is chilling, pre heat the oven to 100 degrees Celsius.
- Transfer the chilled shortbread to the oven and bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.