This dish is best prepared the day before and marinading overnight to give the dish extra flavour.
Because the meat is extra lean for this dish, you may like to add a little more cooking oil to add some juice to the dish at the cooking stage.
- 8 pork chops or pork loins trimmed of all fat
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Juice from 1 orange
- Salt and pepper
- Coconut butter or olive oil for cooking
- Combine all ingredients in a shallow bowl or baking dish with the exception of the cooking oil.
- Place chops in dish and cover with marinade thoroughly. You may need to turn them a few times in the dish.
- Store in the fridge overnight to allow flavours to fuse.
- Heat a frypan over a medium / high heat and add enough coconut butter or olive oil to fry the meat.
- Turn over a couple of times on each side until cooked to your liking.