You can feel free to add other ingredients to your wraps such as tomato, carrot or a small amount of low fat cheese etc.
- 500 grams chicken, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 100 grams cashews or chestnuts, chopped or crushed
- 100 grams sliced mushrooms
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
Stir fry sauce ingredients
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice, red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mild chilli flakes
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, minced
- In a small bowl, combine all of the stir fry sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut butter in a frypan over a medium heat. Add garlic and stir fry until aromatic (10 – 20 seconds). Add chicken and cook until almost done.
- Once chicken is almost cooked, stir in the cashews or chestnuts and mushrooms. Keep cooking until the mushrooms begin to soften.
- Add sauce and spring onions. Turn heat up to high and continue to stir fry another few minutes until the sauce has almost dried up and the chicken begins to go crispy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if desired
- Scoop ingredients into a lettuce leaf and wrap.