- 750 grams chicken pieces, (leg or breast)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 400 grams tomatoes
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 100 ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 stalks basil or coriander
- salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken into strips or dice.
- Heat the sesame oil in a frypan over a medium heat and cook the chicken, garlic and ginger for 3 – 4 minutes. Add the coconut milk, tomato paste and vegetable stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges and add to the chicken curry a few minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Finely chop basil or coriander and stir into the curry along with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Simmer for a minute or so and serve.