Tasty, filling and without the fat or calories
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 250 grams mushrooms, sliced medium thick
- 500 grams beef steak (your choice)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 and a 1/2 teaspoons rosemary
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups beef stock
- 2/3 cup thick coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat a frypan over a medium / high heat and add olive oil and 1 tablespoon of coconut butter.
- Add mushrooms and onions. Sauté until softened and brown around the edges. Remove to the side on a plate.
- To the pan, add the remaining tablespoon of coconut butter and cook the steak until no longer pink. Return onions and mushrooms to pan. Add tomato paste, thyme, rosemary and garlic. Sauté for about 3 minutes to allow the flavours to fuse. Reduce heat slightly and sprinkle arrowroot powder and stir to combine until completely mixed in.
- Add beef stock and stir in thoroughly. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes. Sauce will begin to thicken when it starts to simmer.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to stand for 2 – 3 minutes to cool.
- Add coconut cream and stir through.