Before you make these it is worth noting that these are not the traditional “fluffy” out of a box or carton type of pancakes. They will cook differently, be slightly more fragile and look a little firmer than regular ones. It is worth cooking each side until slightly dark as shown above or the pancakes will crack when trying to flip.
This recipe will make about 4 x six inch diameter pancakes so simply adjust your numbers accordingly to make more.
- 1 average sized banana (slightly brown is better)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat a frypan over a medium heat
- In a bowl combine mashed banana(s), egg(s) and coconut oil
- When mixed, add almond flour and cinnamon and combine
- Using a large serving spoon or soup ladle, add the batter to the pan and cook until the edges slightly brown. Flip over and cook other side
- Cover with a little honey, jam, syrup or banana slices if desired