- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half lengthways
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped or minced
- 5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard and garlic. Marinade chicken for a few hours in the refrigerator to allow the flavours to fuse. For a stronger flavour you can marinade them in a zip lock bag.
- Heat a large frypan over a medium / high heat with a small amount of olive oil. Allow the pan to heat before adding chicken.
- Place chicken in the pan and brown both sides. When browned, reduce the temperature slightly to a medium heat and pour in the remaining marinade.
- Cover with a lid and allow the juices to reduce while occasionally stirring.
- Remove and serve on a bed of salad greens when chicken is to your liking.