Gluten and virtually sugar free
- 2 and 3/4 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 grams soft pitted dates
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg white
- Combine almond meal, dates and spices in a food processor or blender.
- Mix until crumbly and combined.
- Add olive oil, honey, vanilla essence and egg white.
- Combine again until a soft dough forms.
- Remove dough and flatten mixture between 2 pieces of greaseproof paper about 3-4 mm in thickness.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the dough to firm up a bit and cut into shapes with a knife or cookie cutter. Place cookies onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake at 150 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and allow to cool. Decorate to your liking.