Low fat, low calorie, gluten free option for pizza lovers. Entire pizza is under 500 calories.
- 350 grams cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 125 grams low fat mozzarella cheese, grate 75 grams and slice remaining 50 grams for topping
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 100 grams chicken or ham
- Line a pizza stone or baking tray with greaseproof paper. Pre-heat oven to 210 degrees C
- Grate or mix cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles fine crumbs. Do not puree the ingredients.
- Microwave the cauliflower crumbs for 5-6 minutes or until soft. Ensure all water is removed from mixture after heated. You may need to squeeze it out.
- Place the cauliflower crumbs into a large bowl and add the egg, grated mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, herbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Combine all ingredients well and you will end up with a fairly stiff yet still manageable dough.
- Place the cauliflower dough onto the prepared tray at pat into a circle about ½ an inch in thickness. Lightly spry surface with a low fat cooking spray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the sliced tomatoes, chicken or ham and onion rings on top and cover with the sliced mozzarella cheese. (You can replace onion with capsicum or mushrooms if desired or include them also).
- Bake for a further 10 minutes or until the topping is bubbling and the cheese has melted.